Roku is a highly popular streaming player and platform, known for its user-friendly interface and extensive range of streaming options.
Renowned for its versatility and user accessibility, it offers a gateway to numerous entertainment channels, movies, TV shows, and more. It’s celebrated for its intuitive design and ability to transform any TV into a smart entertainment hub.
However, despite the rich variety of channels it provides, some users seek even broader content accessibility and flexibility.
This desire has led many to consider adding Kodi, a versatile open-source media player software, to their devices.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll navigate through the process of how to install Kodi on Roku, unlocking the potential to expand your streaming options and access an even wider array of content.
Kodi, an open-source media player introduced by the XBMC foundation in 2002, stands out as a versatile and free platform for multimedia entertainment.
It functions as a comprehensive hub, offering access to an extensive range of content, including movies, TV shows, live television, news, sports events, music, cartoons, and more.
It’s perfect for both beginner and well-versed streaming enthusiasts.
It has outperformed popular streaming platforms like Hulu and Amazon in terms of number of users and viewers.
This unparalleled success is owed to its provision of free content and its unique capacity to grant users the liberty to enjoy a vast array of content without constraints.
Why use Kodi on Roku?
Integrating both tools offers a compelling partnership for avid media enthusiasts.
Leveraging the user-friendly interface of Roku and the rich app selection it offers, coupled with Kodi’s exceptional media management capabilities, results in a harmonious streaming experience.
This collaborative union allows users to harness the best of both platforms, providing a seamless and diverse range of entertainment choices for an enriched viewing journey.
How to install Kodi on Roku stick, Roku Express, Roku Ultra & Roku Premiere Plus?
- Access the Roku home screen on your Roku device.
- In the Settings menu, ensure that your Roku is updated to the latest version.
- Within the Settings menu, navigate to the Screen Mirroring option.
- Allow Screen Mirroring by toggling it on.
- Confirm the action by selecting “OK.”
- With Screen Mirroring now enabled, you can proceed to access and use Kodi for streaming on your Roku device!
How to install Kodi on Roku 3 & 4?
To install Kodi on Roku 3 & 4, follow these steps:
- Begin by ensuring that both your Roku device (Roku 3 or 4) and the device with Kodi installed are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Start your Roku device and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Look for the option named “System” and select it.
- Choose the “Screen Mirroring” option from the menu. Within Its settings, opt for the “Always Allow” feature.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your Roku 3 or 4 will be ready to mirror content from a device running Kodi!
How to install Kodi on TCL Roku TV?
Installing Kodi on your TCL Roku TV can be achieved through these steps:
- Download Roku on your Android Smart TV.
- Navigate to the Roku 3 Home screen by clicking the Home button on your device’s remote control.
- Access the Settings menu.
- Verify that your device has the latest system update.
- Return to the Settings menu.
- Select the Screen Mirroring option.
- Enable it by following the on-screen prompts.
- Confirm your selection by clicking ‘OK’.”
Mirroring Kodi to Roku
How to enable screenmirroring to Roku?
To enable screen mirroring on Roku, follow the steps below:
- Use the “Home” button on your Roku remote to access the home screen.
- From the home screen, navigate to “Settings” in the menu and confirm the selection.
- Within the Settings menu, proceed to “System” and confirm the action.
- Choose “Screen Mirroring” from the System settings.
- Under the Screen Mirroring options, choose “Screen Mirroring Mode.” Opt for either “Always Allow” or “Prompt” and confirm the selection.
- Upon making your choice, a checkmark will appear, confirming your selected mode.
How to mirror Kodi to Roku from a PC
- Open the Start Menu and access Settings.
- Navigate to Devices in the Settings menu.
- Select ‘Add Bluetooth or another device.’
- Opt for ‘Wireless display or dock’ from the list.
- Choose the display device associated with your Roku player.
- Establish a connection between your computer and the Roku player.
That’s it! Begin streaming your preferred content through Kodi on your Roku device.
How to mirror Kodi to Roku from Mac
- Begin by accessing the Control Center on your Mac.
- Press “Screen Mirroring” within it.
- Choose your Roku device from the list displayed.
- Wait for the connection to establish between your Mac and the Roku device.
- Your screen will now be mirrored on your TV via the Roku, allowing you to control Kodi content from your Mac!
How to mirror Kodi to Roku from an Android Smartphone
- Access the settings menu on your Android smartphone.
- Find the option for Screen Mirroring or Smart View in the settings.
- Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Confirm the connection by starting the mirroring process on your Android device.
- On your Roku device, grant permission for the connection when prompted.
- Launch the Kodi app on your Android device.
The Kodi content will now be mirrored and displayed on your Roku-connected TV or device, allowing you to stream and view content!
How to mirror Kodi to Roku from an iPhone
- Make sure AirPlay is activated on your Roku device by navigating to the device’s “Settings” menu.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone screen to access the Control Center.
- Within the Control Center, select “Screen Mirroring.”
- From the available devices, choose your Roku streaming device.
- Enter the code displayed on your Roku screen into the prompt on your iPhone.
- Upon entering the code, your iPhone screen will be mirrored to your Roku, allowing you to stream Kodi content directly on your display!
How to mirror Kodi to Roku from a Smart TV
- Access your Roku settings.
- Enable the “Screen Mirroring” feature within the settings.
- Connect your Android Smart TV to your Roku using the mirroring function on your Android device.
- Open Kodi on your Android Smart TV and start streaming your favorite content, which will appear mirrored on your Roku device.
Best Kodi Addons for Roku
Here is a list of our top 10 Kodi Addons for Roku:
- Genesis Reborn
- 123 Movies
- Pure Sport
- Stream Engine
Can I install APK on Roku?
Installing an APK on Roku isn’t feasible due to the platform’s operating system limitations and lack of support for Android files.
Despite Kodi’s dedicated apps for various platforms, there isn’t an official app for it due to these complexities.
Can I Jailbreak Roku?
Jailbreaking Roku is not possible due to the intricacies of its operating system. However, users can access Kodi on Roku solely through the screen mirroring method.
Can I get Kod on Roku without mirroring?
Unfortunately, you cannot directly install Kodi on Roku as there’s no official app available for Roku devices.
The sole method to do so involves screen mirroring from Windows, macOS, or Android devices.
Can I mirror Kodi to Raspberry Pi?
Kodi is compatible with Linux and Raspberry Pi, yet it doesn’t support screen mirroring to Roku.
All in all, while it’s not directly possible to install Kodi on Roku, users can employ alternative methods like screen mirroring with compatible devices such as Android or Windows, or explore other options such as using Roku’s media player to access content.
Though there isn’t a seamless integration, various workarounds can enhance your Kodi experience across different platforms!